Monday, January 13, 2014

The Recovery

Here we are happily getting ready to go tubing and skiing.  
Little did we know that I would tear my ACL in just a few short hours!



It's recovery time for me.  I tore my ACL snow skiing in January 2013 had too many responsibilities to get it fixed until December 18, 2013.  So here I am almost one month post op.  I'm working physical therapy twice a week and doing my own exercises daily.  I'm trying to push myself and get my range of motion back as soon as possible.  I have had extra motivation by watching some great hiking videos and movies.  Jon and I watched 180 Degrees South (again), The Way and  High Sierra.  Then I became once again addicted to YouTube videos of hikes, backpacking and gear videos.  I think the motivation of getting back on the trail is just helping me push harder at therapy.
The Kansas weather has been pretty bitter cold and snowy which has helped me comply with activity restrictions.  This week the weather warmed up and the snow melted so out I went.  I only took a few a couple of off-road walks but they were wonderful!! I was a little sore after but I figure that is to be expected.   I did confess to my therapist about my reason for soreness and he was fine with it!  That means it's ok!!!  Here we go!
Hopefully with my increased computer and couch time I'll get to some gear reviews that I've been meaning to do.  Maybe I'll even get to do some video's and post them to YouTube.  I have been so thankful to people for posting their tips and reviews on YouTube and will try to contribute some as well.

Here's the link to my YouTube Channel (I think)
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQpH5LT6c06jcMMPjKalYZQ/feed


Until next time…..Happy Trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment